THE WEBSITE, Wedding Converse and the customer
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website at www.wedding-converse.co.uk (the “Website”). By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Using this Website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these terms then we advise you to not use this website.
The www.wedding-converse.co.uk website is operated by Dead Fresh, our trading address is Unit 14 Leagrave Road, Luton, LU3 1RJ.
Any reference in these terms and conditions to “we” or “us” refers to Wedding Converse
Our contact details are as follows:
You will be able to access all areas of this Website without registering your details with us..
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, it is advised that you should not continue to use this Website.
Ordering from us
You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. We will send you an order acknowledgement by email, detailing the products you have ordered.
Our acceptance of an order takes place when we receive the order to the customer. When we dispatch the order the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order for any reason.
We may refuse to accept an order:
(a) Where goods are not available
(b) Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
(c) If there has been a pricing or product description error
(d) If you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions
(e) If you order personalised products that contains content, which is deemed inappropriate for an order, i.e. threatening or abusive. Or display religious names.
All prices include VAT (where applicable) at the current rates. We reserve the right to express the price exclusive of VAT and include it in the total price.
Where we charge separately for packing, carriage and insurance and other relevant charges, the appropriate rates are set out in our specified pricing structure shown elsewhere on this Website.
Discount Codes and Promotions
Discount codes must be applied when you reach the checkout.
Codes can only be applied to full price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless stated otherwise.
Discounts do not apply to shipping costs, unless stated otherwise.
Always check the end date for discount codes, as they will not be valid after this time.
Discounts cannot be exchanged for cash and are non-transferable.
Not valid on sale items.
Wedding Converse reserves the right (i) cancel discount codes at any time; (ii) refuse to allow any individual to participate in offers; and (iii) amend these terms and conditions.
We will deliver the Products ordered by you to the address, which you give for delivery when you make your order. If any of the details you have given us in your delivery address are incorrect, we are not liable for any items, which have not been received. If you require us to send out your item to a different address after it has been returned then there will be a charge for posting it out again.
You may specify a delivery address, which is different from your billing address, if, for example, you would like us to deliver the Products directly to the recipient.
We do deliver outside of Europe. If you are outside the EU, please just enter your address and change the country when specified. International delivery is Royal Mail and the international orders may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
We aim to deliver all mainland UK standard orders within approximately 35-40 working days (Weekends/Bank Holidays are not included). We would advise that if you require your order by a certain date you contact us first, as dates are approximate and not guaranteed.
The majority of our products are dispatched 1st Class Recorded Royal Mail. If you have not received your items, you must check with your local sorting office even if you have not received notification from your postman that they are holding items for you. 1st Class Recorded Delivery insures goods up to £50.00. If any dispute arises as a result of delivery by Royal Mail we will contact Royal Mail on your behalf. Please note if you leave any instructions for Royal Mail and as result your parcel is not received we will not accept any responsibility for this.
In the event that we reproduce an item for you and subsequently the original is returned as undelivered by Royal Mail, we reserve the right to charge an administrative fee up to 100% of the sales price of the reproduced product.
We reserve the right to wait up to 28 working days from the date of dispatch before replacing an undelivered item.
The majority of items are customised and cancellation/amendments must be notified within 1-hour of placing your order. Once you have placed an order it cannot be amended. If you need to amend the size/colour or spelling please email us and we will advise further.
Please note: In order to provide a fast service some products are immediately sent for production. Please check your order on screen and the confirmation email carefully as we cannot refund products, which have been misspelt.
We reserve the right to cancel your order at any time and issue a full refund.
The provisions of this clause do not affect your statutory rights.
We do not refund customised orders – if an error has occurred the error will be remedied and the shoes re-dispatched.
Please note: We are not responsible if you have ordered the incorrect size, the onus is upon you to ensure the shoes you are ordering are the size you require. We do not accept amendments via email or phone once an order has been placed.
If you have received an incorrect item please contact us first.
If a return is authorised it is your responsibility until it reaches us. For your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel back to using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods, as we cannot be held responsible for items damaged or lost in the post.
Your rights to return the goods to us will not apply in the following circumstances:
– Any products that we have made, personalised or customised specifically for you
-Where, in our opinion, you have not taken reasonable care of goods whilst in your possession and have not been returned with the original packaging or where you have purposely damaged an item due to ordering the incorrect size.
– If you have made a spelling mistake on your order or ordered the incorrect size and it has been sent for production.
If you return an item because of an error on our part, or because it is defective, we will happily refund your costs in returning it to us.
The item(s) must be returned in the condition in which you received it within 7 days of delivery. By the very individual nature of personalised products, they cannot be re-sold, and therefore we cannot accept returns if you have a change of mind.
If a discount was applied to your original order, the amount refunded will be adjusted to allow for the revised order value and appropriate discount level.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
The address for returns is:
I received the wrong item
If the item you received is not what you originally ordered, please contact customer services quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the details of the error. We do not refund customised orders – if an error has occurred the error will be remedied and the shoes re-dispatched.
Please note: We are not responsible if you have ordered the incorrect size, the onus is upon you to ensure the shoes you are ordering are the size you require.
We do not refund customised orders – if an error has occurred the error will be remedied and the shoes re-dispatched.
If the item you received is faulty, please contact our customer services team quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for return within 24 hours of receiving the shoes. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return. If the item is faulty, please return it to us within 7 days of receipt. Refunds cannot be given if the fault is as a result of misuse (shoes that are too small, worn in water). Please note: We are not responsible if you have ordered the incorrect size, the onus is upon you to ensure the shoes you are ordering are the size you require.
The customisation is extremely durable and should last the lifetime of the shoe however, exposure to chemicals or extreme heat/cold will reduce the life expectancy of the inks used. Please do not put your shoes in the washing machine, Converse do not recommend shoes are placed in a washing machine and you can damage the inks/crystals by doing so. We will not accept any responsibility for damage to ink as a result of this.
The colour of the product you receive may not match the colour as displayed by our website on your computer monitor. Please be aware that if colour is important to you, your order is placed at your own risk.
We reserve the right to feature any shoes/garments we customise via our social media platforms.
While we endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Visitor Material and Conduct
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
(a) – that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience
(b) – for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals
(c) – which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world or
You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the clauses of above.
We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions.
While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
The material on this Website is provided “as is” without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this Website.
We, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with this Website in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing this Website or your downloading of any material from this Website or any websites linked to this Website.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) (ii) fraud (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If your use of material on this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
You agree to indemnify us fully, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of any breach of the terms and conditions by you, or your use of this Website, or the use by any other person using your registration details.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We do not warrant that materials/items for sale on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom and Eire. It is prohibited to access the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you access this Website from locations outside the United Kingdom and Eire, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall continue to have full force and effect.
Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended as granting any persons who are not parties to these terms any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
We are GDPR compliant
Wedding Converse (“Wedding Converse”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respect your privacy. We are GDPR compliant.
- Key terms
- “Personal data” refers to information that directly or indirectly allows for personal identification.
- What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect the following Personal Data:
Registration, payments and purchase of goods or services
- Company address.
- Company email address.
- Company name.
- Email address.
- First name and last name.
- Phone number.
- Payment method.
- Personal address.
- Phone number.
- Website address.
- ZIP/ postal code.
- We will email you using our primary email address.
- We will only use your email address to contact you regarding your purchase in order to fulfil our service.
- We do not keep a record of email addresses. We will never use your email address for marketing purposes.
- We will keep your correspondence for up to 12-months after an order has been fulfilled in case there is any query following the receipt of your order. After 12-months your correspondence will be permanently deleted.
- When you purchase from us, we receive limited information about your payment details from our payment processor, such as the the country of issuance and the expiration date.
- Payments can be made to use by use of Sagepay or Paypal.
- How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data when:
- It is provided by you directly, such as when you place an order, or when you provide your name and email address to register an Account.
- It is recorded automatically when you use our Services, through technology such as cookies.
- It is received from a Third Party, such as if you make a payment using a payment processor.
- Whose Personal Data do we collect?
Data is collected from anyone who:
- Visits this website.
- Registers on this website.
- Makes a purchase from this website.
- Why do we collect Personal Data?
To fulfil our services
- Collecting Personal Data allows us to fulfil our services, by allowing you to contact us and purchase from us. It allows you to create and manage your Account, purchase our services, process payments and contact us.
To communicate with you
- We will communicate with your regarding your purchases from our website. We will never contact you regarding anything other than your purchase.
To meet our legal obligations:
- We collect your name, address, contact details and order details for record keeping and tax purposes.
- This data will be stored or 6 years to comply with UK legal tax requirements. After 6 years the data will be destroyed.
- All data is stored digitally in a secure, password protected and encrypted environment.
For enhanced security
- Processing Personal Data allows us to ensure the security and integrity of our services.
To maintain Third Party relationships
- Processing Personal Data allows us to maintain our relationships with vendors and partners.
- Personal Data may be used to enforce our Terms of Service, our Licensing Agreements or other Policies.
- When do we collect Personal Data?
We will process your Personal Data for the uses described in section 6. when:
We have a legal obligation
- For example, to comply with tax and government regulations or to comply with a binding law enforcement request.
- You have given your consent for us to use your Personal Data. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
We need to fulfil a service or contract
- We need to use your Personal Data in order to provide you with the services and products requested by you.
- When we need to use your Personal Data to communicate with you or respond to your inquiries.
- When we need to use your Personal Data so that we can perform a contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you.
There is legitimate interest to do so
- We have legitimate interest in operating our business and providing you with a service and communication.
- We have legitimate interest in monitoring the safety and securing of our website, protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- We have legitimate interest in providing and improving our website, including any personalised services.
Others legitimate interest:
- It may be important to protect a Third Party’s legitimate interest. For example, our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering quality products to you via fast and professional services.
- How do we share your Personal Data?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data to outside parties without your consent. With your consent, Personal Data may be provided to other parties for communication, file transfer and fulfilment of services. They are as follows:
- Your Personal Data is transmitted via an encrypted connection to one of our payment processors.
- Where do we store Personal Data?
- We store all Personal Data in encrypted and password protected environments.
- Emails are protected with strong passwords and two-factor authorisation.
- We do not store any Personal Data as paper records.
- How do we protect your Personal Data?
- Websites powered by Woo Commerice are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Websites powered by Woo Commerce use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a Payment Provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Gaining your consent
- We do not keep a record of email addresses. We do not send our marketing emails or newsletters. We will never use your Personal Data to contact you about anything that isn’t necessary to fulfil our services.
- We will never supply your contact details to any Third Party without your consent.
- Subject Access Requests and Right to Erasure
- You may have the right to access, update, change or delete your Personal Data where applicable law requires. If you would like to know what Personal Data we hold relating to your identity, or would like us to erase your Personal Data from our records at email@example.com to request these changes.
- We will ask you to confirm your identity by checking your information against our records. If your identity can be verified, we will erase your Personal Data from our records within 48 hours.
- How to contact us
Unit 14, Britannia Estates, Leagrave Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 1RJ